2017 CROSSVILLE SPEEDWAY
RULES AND REGULATIONS
(Updated March, 2017)
Race Director: Earl Reagan (931)200-3108
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
Management of CROSSVILLE SPEEDWAY.
- All Cars must have protective windshield bars in front of driver. A wire screen is highly recommended.
- All Cars must have a working fire extinguisher, and securely mounted within reach of driver.
- Rollover Protection: cars Four point full roll cage, welded to mainframe walls or minimum 4.0inchx4.0inch,3/16ths thickness steel pads continuously welded to main uni-body floor structure at strongest points. All main tubing minimum 1.5 inch od. Min.Two down tubes to front and rear bumper area minimum of car required. Minimum 3 door bars on drivers side door with vertical braces. 3/16 steel plate on drivers door highly recommended. Dash bar and bar behind drivers seat required. Roll Cage is required unless specified by division rules. Roll cage subject to inspection. Any vehicle deemed unsafe will not be allowed on racing surface.
- Driver Restraints: Five Point, minimum three (3) inch wide, [(2) inch with Hans Device] designed for racing harness required with quick-release fasteners. Restraints must be secured to roll cage members and/or frame rails, not to floor. Restraints must be maintained free of fraying or dry cracking and are subject to periodic approval inspection. Driver restraints maximum 3 years old. Window Nets are recommended.
- Seat: Designed for circle track racing Racing steel or aluminum types are required. No fiberglass seats. Full containment type seats are highly recommended Seat must mount securely to roll cage structure.
- Fuel Cell: Must be USFI Approved type with full container Fuel cell must be securely mounted within protective structure of car.
- Firewalls: All cars must have metal firewalls between drivers compartment and engine and drivers compartment and fuel cell
- Drive shaft Loops: All cars must be equipped with a drive shaft retaining loop (1/4inch x 2.0 inch minimum size) mounted approximately 12 inch rearward of the transmission so drive shaft cannot fall in case of front u-joint failure. A second, rearward mounted drive shaft loop is highly recommended unless specified in division rules. Drive shafts must be painted white.
- Electrical: No electric fuel pumps allowed unless specifically permitted by rules for a division. All cars must have master electrical cutoff switch located within normal reach of driver. Battery must be mounted securely in support frame and be covered to prevent spillage.
- Weight: Ballast weight must be painted white with car number on weight. Must be secured with Bolts and Lock Nuts. Any Car/Driver losing ballast weight on the track is will be disqualified.
- Weight of Race Car must be Posted on Right Side A pillar before Race Car enters the Track ( Failure to do so will result in disqualification)
- All Cars must have legible Numbers on Both Doors and Top of Car .Measurement of numbers should be 24inch in height minimum.
- Cars with duplicate Numbers will add a letter to the Number
- Drivers Safety Equipment Required (Not optional) Full Coverage USFI Standard or Snell 90 Approved Helmet. One or Two piece minimum single layer Nomex (or equivalent) driver suit. Fire retardant Boots/Shoes. Fire retardant gloves.
- DRIVER TO REMAIN IN THE VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES unless driver is in danger.
- No crew members permitted on racing surface at any time. Your crews actions will reflect upon the driver and could result in disqualification.
- Fighting will result in disqualification and loss of all points and monies for the night.
- Alcohol/drugs/firearms will not be permitted
- Any injuries must be reported to a track official the night it happens.
- All cars must maintain a safe speed in the pit area.
- Infractions of rules set forth in this complete document, whether regarding conduct and deportment or technical specifications, subject the offender to (a) disqualification from an event(b) loss of points and or monies and(c) suspension from subsequent competition for a period to be determined by representatives of Crossville Speedway. Crossville Speedway reserves the right to change and or amend any rule set forth at any time without notice. Crossville Speedway reserves the right to reject entry to anyone. Crossville Speedway will not be responsible for any damage to any vehicle or personal property located on Track Grounds.
22. Crossville Speedway reserves the right to adjust or amend any rules at any time without prior notice